Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Status update- 8/13/2013 & more on VVVVVV

My data is still not yet recovered, since to do so I need to physically remove the hard drive from my old laptop.  I should still be able to resume posting in a week or so.  Lastly, I managed to pull off another V rank in VVVVVV- Space Station 2.  I  was getting the frame perfect flip strategy for Gordian Knot every time today, so I went for doing it twice to avoid having to do Backsliders at all.  The first time took me to Manic Mine, the 3rd trinket, where I died stupidly.  The second success was foiled...by automatic update costing 20 seconds, so I had to go for the fast strategy in 'Just Pick Yourself Down' to have any chance of meeting the 3:20 time limit.  I failed it, and then couldn't get to Gordian Knot for a while out of frustration.  Then, I finally strung together a run.  Gordian Knot, And Veni Vidi Vici both fell first try this was my first time doing VVV today too! From there, I was a nervous wreck and could feel the adrenaline pumping.  I remembered where V stitch was and didn't charge headfirst into spikes, played it safe in Down Under, and nearly died in Shenanigan but hit the last possible frame I could flip on.  If I had died there, it would have been heartbreaking.  That's not an exaggeration either-I flipped AFTER Viridian had fallen off the edge.  As it was, I didn't die on the last possible room and finished with 17 seconds left on the clock with 0 deaths and all 5 trinkets for the V rank.  Just the Lab remains until I have all 6...

It feels good.  That's definitely one of the harder things I've done in games.

No comments:

Post a Comment